Monday, January 23, 2012

A Not So Long Weekend

So who knew?  Yoga is more than asanas.  A revelation.  I know, I know, not to everyone, but to a vast majority of people including me to a certain degree.  Before starting this class I knew that there was more to yoga than just the poses.  What I didn't know was how much more.  So for those of you who were concerned about just how I was going to survive 16 hours of yoga practice, let me put your fears to rest.  Over this past weekend I was not doing a physical yoga practice for 8 hours each day.  We did a lot of talking and reading and observing and breathing and sitting on the floor.  I have not spent so much time on the floor since elementary school.  It's HARD! We talked about yamas and niyamas, we talked about physiology and anatomy.  We did do an asana practice each day but only for about an hour or so.  And, (this is the best part) every day after lunch we lay down on our left side for ten minutes to let our food digest.  Some of the students are resisting nap time, but not me.  I love it!  All in all, a good weekend.  I'm already looking forward to next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment