Monday, January 30, 2012

Yea Yoga!

Another weekend has come and gone.  Working all week and then spending all weekend in teacher training is hard work.  I'm tired. 

We spent a lot of time on anatomy.  I like to think I have a pretty good handle on the muscles and bones etc.  After all I read.  And not only that, but I exercise and I have been on a somewhat regular basis for awhile and I like to know stuff so, like I said... I read.  However internalizing the subtle differences between anterior and ventral, posterior and dorsal, proximal and medial & lateral and distal sent my head spinning.  This is going to take a few day to sink in. 

I'm also still working on getting my exit strategy for the morning perfected.  Saturday, I managed to take the dog for a walk, pack my lunch and a snack, my water bottle and all my books.  When lunch time rolled around, I didn't have a fork. (Not to worry, I didn't starve, extra forks were available).  When I got home I realized I left my glasses and my cell phone at the studio.  Again no big deal, the room was locked and I would be back on Sunday.

Sunday comes, I don't have time to take the dog for walkies, I pack my lunch, fork included but no snack.  I forget my water bottle.  I arrive at the studio, my cell phone is there but I can't find my glasses.  This sucks, they are not in the lost and found, or the office or behind the desk.  At lunch time I root through my car.  There they are under the seat. 

More anatomy, more philosophy and oh, by the way, I don't know how to breathe.  Except now I do.  Back home, have dinner, a little more reading, go to bed.  It's Monday, 5:30 am, walk the dog, pack lunch, go to work.  Whew.

1 comment: